Alphabet

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Bury My Heart in the 1970s

Today was the “I’m Thankful for the '70s Tofurkeyextravaganza”—and it was fantastic! This is the music of my soul, baby. Here’s the playlist.

There’s just something about music from '67-'73 that gets me. I don’t know why. I just want to swim in it forever, in a giant sea of rock and pop favorites.

Our Seven O’Clock Special was the 18-minute delight, “Alice’s Restaurant” by Arlo Guthrie in honor of Thanksgiving.

Our words of inspiration for the day came from the Moody Blues, from the song "Candle of Life":

Something you can't hide
Says you're lonely
Hidden deep inside
Of you only
It's there for you to see
Take a look and be
Burn slowly the candle of life

Something there outside
Says we're only
In the hands of time
Falling slowly
It's there for us to know
With love that we can go
Burn slowly the candle of life

So love everybody
And make them your friend
So love everybody
And make them your friend

4 Comments:

  • I need to get a clock radio just so I can set my alarm to Alphabet. This show sounds awesome, but of course I missed it...

    Keep on rockin'!
    Freddie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:24 AM  

  • You can always listen to the first 1:45 or so on the wrvu.org archive! Of course those last 15 minutes were awesome...all the more reason to think seriously about getting a REAL website...

    By Blogger yelhsacrow, at 10:50 AM  

  • p.s.--Thanks for listening, Freddie!

    By Blogger yelhsacrow, at 10:51 AM  

  • Hi
    [url=http://twelvemonths.org/test/side-20-aciphex-effects/index.html ]aciphex[/url]
    Bye

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home