Alphabet

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Playlist etc

Here’s today’s playlist.

Today’s Seven O’Clock Special was the somewhat newly released Editors cover of Stereolab’s classic, “French Disko.” Then, because I couldn’t get my hands (without expense) on the original, we heard another Stereolab song, “Excursions into ‘oh, a-oh,’” from the album Fab Four Suture.

There were varying opinions on our new segment, “Top 40 Dance Party,” during which I played Christina Aguilera’s newest single, “Ain’t No Other Man.” I like that song. So did some of you. Others despised it. Pretend I sang the “Diff’rent Strokes” theme here....hmmmm...I think I’ll play that next week.

My mike was fuzzy sounding today and I don’t know why.

We played Alice Cooper’s “Elected” (by request) in honor of its bein’ election day today. I also played Ella Fitzgerald’s “Vote for Mr. Rhythm,” the Smiths’ “Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before,” and Jeffrey Lewis’ “Don’t Let the Record Label Take You Out to Lunch.”

I’m definitely going to Left Can Dance tomorrow night (around 10 or 10:30) at Ombi Bar (Le Peep on Elliston Place). I forgot to mention that on the air. You can learn more about the weekly alternative dance fest at www.myspace.com/leftcandance.

I want to start a new segment called “True Confessions” in which I confess something and then play the related song. You can participate, too, by emailing me at the link on the sidebar (down on the right) with your story and relevant song. If it’s good, I will play it.

I just realized that I forgot to put the autorotation playlist tracker on.