Alphabet

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Here’s today’s playlist.


The Seven O’Clock Special featured a coupla goodbye songs, since the new fall schedule is coming up and I don’t know where I will land. We heard Terry Jacks’ “Seasons in the Sun,” The New Seekers’ “I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing,” and Bread’s “Everything I Own.”

The new Yo La Tengo album, I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass, sounds really good.

I like the shakeup of a new schedule every semester, because it makes the show feel fresh and knocks me out of my rut. I’d like to explore more late ’60s alternative rock next semester. My show remains a general (vs. specialty) one, which means I have to play 12 songs from the WRVU rotation in my two hours. It helps keep me current.

2 Comments:

  • I have been trying to catch your show each week. You mention the mix of oldies with the current rotation: I think this is one of the reasons I like your mix.

    Also, I missed this week's program due to the holiday. Being able to listen on-line to your show (and all of WRVU) is a great service. I appreciate it.

    Have a safe Labor Day.

    diyao_fos

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:18 PM  

  • Thanks for listening! And feel free to make requests--you can email me at alphabetrock at yahoo.com

    By Blogger yelhsacrow, at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home