Alphabet

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Playlist et al.

Here’s today’s playlist.

Our Seven O’Clock Special was three songs about the future of travel, sort of: Parliament’s "Mothership Connection," Gary Numan’s “Cars,” and the Moody Blues’ “Best Way to Travel.”

I got requests for Sweet and David Bowie today.

I’m really liking the new Sonic Youth album. It’s good, check it out: www.sonicyouth.com.

I’ll be subbing for JT for the first hour of the Stretch next Tuesday morning, 7-8 a.m. DJ Mojo from Spoonful will be picking up the second hour.

And tomorrow night I’ll be nursing a drink and possibly dancing at Left Can Dance, 10 p.m.-3 a.m. at Ombi (Le Peep by day, Ombi by night) in Elliston Place. Parking on Louise Ave., they tell me. Visit www.myspace.com/leftcandance for more info.

3 Comments:

  • hi ashley. just wanted to say hello. a random request popped into my head - daniel johnson (backed by yo la tengo on a radio phone-in) singing 'speeding motorcycle'. byeeeeeeeee...

    By Blogger alan, at 2:00 AM  

  • Your site is much better than mine! I loved today's show. Have you seen Buffalo '66? They made great use of the Yes song in the climatic scene. I like Billy Collins, too. I recently heard him recite some of his poetry and was absolutely floored. Also, I love that Serena-Maneesh song you played this show and last. Keep up the great work!

    By Blogger College Music 101, at 12:38 PM  

  • I'm the one who requested The Sweet. I've actually requested them on your show twice now, "Ballroom Blitz" and "Love Is Like Oxygen". A lot of that 1970's glam stuff is really good. I might request "Mama Weer All Crazee Now" by Slayed (not Slayer) next week. I would request "I'm the Leader of the Gang (I Am)" by Gary Glitter, but since he's currently doing a three year jail term in Vietnam for molesting two 10 year old Vietnamese girls, I wouldn't want you to think ill of me for requesting it. The music's pretty good.

    By Blogger Grasshopper, at 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home