Alphabet

Friday, June 30, 2006

Do You Remember Your President Nixon?

Well, yesterday during my show I remembered to plug my blog, but then I forgot to post anything. Sigh...here’s today’s playlist.

Our Seven O’Clock Special was a patriotic set in honor of the upcoming annual celebration of our independence from the parental oppressors. We journeyed back to the red, white, and blueathon that was the American Bicentennial and heard David Bowie’s “Young Americans,” Elton John’s “Philadelphia Freedom,” and Starland Vocal Band’s “Afternoon Delight.” If you don’t understand how Starland Vocal Band got into a patriotic celebration of our independence from the parental oppressors, my only question for you is, why do you hate America?

I’ll be interviewing the lead singer from local band The 8th Grade next week, and we’ll hear a few tracks. He’s a friend of my sister’s. I wonder if she’ll be there, too...It should be fun!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home