Alphabet

Monday, April 10, 2006

Playlist for Monday, April 10, 2006

Here’s this week’s playlist.

The theme of today’s Six O’Clock Special was “For the Children,” because just like my role model Whitney Houston, I believe that children are the future. Here’s what we heard:

  • “Boy Meets Girl,” an amusing skit w/Mel Brooks and Marlo Thomas, from 1972’s Free to Be You and Me
  • “Little Twelvetoes” from Multiplication Rock/Schoolhouse Rock
  • “I’ve Got No Strings” by the original lying wooden pseudo-boy, Pinocchio
  • “Howdy Little Newlycome” by Woody Guthrie
  • “The Unicorn” by local artist Ginger Sands
  • “Low Rider” by War (because my daughter and I learned all about low riders on an episode of the PBS show “Postcards from Buster”)



  • The new Lambchop and Danielson albums are in the station. I played a couple of songs from each.

    Danielson: A Family Movie debuted at the New York Underground Film Festival in March. It’s a documentary about, you guessed it, the Danielson Family. The event included a Q&A panel with Daniel Smith and Sufjan Stevens. Just one more reason to wish you lived in the big city. Check it out, w/photos, on Jai Agnish’s MySpace blog.

    Bands I want to learn more about:
    Pink Mountaintops, The Guillemots, and The Essex Green

    Person I wish I knew less about so I could enjoy the music more: Leonard Cohen

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home