Alphabet

Monday, February 06, 2006

Playlist for 2-06-06

Today's show was about three hours long (I subbed a bit for Liberadio), though the archive's just about an hour and 45 minutes. Here's the playlist.

Six O'Clock Special:
"Start Me Up" by the Folksmen--a cover of the Rolling Stones song (in honor of the Superbowl) from the soundtrack to "A Mighty Wind"

Song I liked more than I thought I would:
Delta 5, "Try"

Album I just now fell in love with all over again: Andrew Bird, Andrew Bird and the Mysterious Production of Eggs

On a personal note, gettin' up for a 5 a.m. radio show makes for one lonnnnnng Monday!

THANK YOU to the caller who suggested I do a podcast, become world famous, and make lots of money from merchandising. I'm on it!

4 Comments:

  • "Start Me Up" made my week. OK, so I missed your show, but I read your playlist and found the song on Rhapsody.

    Awesome.

    By Blogger chez bez, at 10:48 AM  

  • Hey - you're show today - 2/13 - isn't streaming correctly? can't hear anything?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 AM  

  • Yeah, that version of "Start Me Up" is great. But I got a little worried when they harmonized repeatedly at the end on the phrase "you make a dead man come." I mean, it's a semi-family show.

    Anon, see my Feb. 13 post re the archive problem. And thanks for asking!

    By Blogger yelhsacrow, at 1:26 PM  

  • I can understand your worry, but they sure make it awesome with "...dead man come-BY-YAH."

    Classic folk.

    By Blogger chez bez, at 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home