Alphabet

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Playlist for Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Here's today's playlist.

It really, really bugs me that the transmitter's only producing sound through one speaker, or whatever it is. It really diminishes the quality of the songs, and on some older songs you can't even hear half of it. It's ANNOYING! If I recall correctly, the problem is expensive to fix.

Nevertheless I'm quite indignant. I was really looking forward to playing something from my new Beatles VI album, which to my extreme excitement I found on Saturday at Grimey's for only $7.99. But no way was I gonna besmirch the Great Ones with half the sound they deserve.

From perusing online I had assumed that it was a tough album to come by, but I was just having a look around and WHAM! there it was. I'm kind of confused about all the British and American repackaging of Beatles songs that went on back in the day. Even though I'm halfway through the new bio by Bob Spitz, I still can't make sense of it. My album must not be an original issue because it has a little "certified gold record" stamp above and to the left of Paul's head.

I made some other fine purchases on Saturday at Great Escape and the Great Escape half-price store (down the street from the Broadway Great Escape), including a $1 copy of the Moody Blues' Days of Future Passed record, World Party's 1993 Bang! CD (for $2.49), and a $5.99 Rough Trade compilation of RT artists doing covers of other artists. There's a Jeffrey Lewis song I never heard before on there--"Part-Time Punks"--but I didn't play it today because I wanted to focus on the new album, which, by the way, you can learn more about by visiting www.thejeffreylewissite.com.

4 Comments:

  • The one-channel dilemna would irk me too...how can you play your best stuff when you can't hear it properly? Wouldn't it be better to broadcast in mono? At least you could hear all the sounds...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:08 PM  

  • Is broadcasting in mono within my powers--is there a button I can push? Guess I could play mono records...I have the Zombie's "Odessey and Oracle" on CD in mono...I'm sure I have a few other records...ramble ramble

    By Blogger yelhsacrow, at 7:22 AM  

  • Great. Now I have to go find and purchase that World Party CD again. Why do I part with such great CDs? I always just end up repurchasing them later.

    I remember seeing them open for 10,000 Maniacs at Starwood. After the show, they played a real funky and fun set at Exit/In. It was incredible.

    Good luck with the one-channel challenge. That would drive me batty.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:49 PM  

  • By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home