Alphabet

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Lift Every Voice

Happy day after Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, y’all. For my take on yesterday’s MLK Day citywide march and rally here in Nashville, check out the archive of today’s show at about halfway through: the 1:03 point. It's potentially inflammatory!

Today’s Seven O’Clock Special was “We Shall Overcome” sung by Peter, Paul, and Mary from the excellent children’s album Peter, Paul, and Mommy Too.

I finished the gigantoid Beatles biography by Bob Spitz last week, and his description of the end is so brutal and disturbing that I can’t even listen to any Beatles music right now. Either Spitz really, really doesn’t like John Lennon and Yoko Ono for his own personal reasons, or else they are/were bad people. I can’t quite reconcile the latter with the image that has been created, but I guess anything is possible. I’m confused.

Here’s the playlist for today’s show. One of the CD players is broken so I mostly went from CD to album to CD to album, which meant a healthy dose of ’70s rock via my dad’s handed-down record collection. On the downside, it was kinda hard to get a flow going...

I’m currently obsessed with World Party’s “Is It Like Today?”

Things are tough all over. I sure do appreciate the calls letting me know you enjoy the show.

1 Comments:

  • You like World Party, huh? Should I assume then that like me, you also love The Waterboys? I used to go weeks with nothing but The Waterboys, World Party, and Luka Bloom in my CD changer.

    My computer is on the fritz so I have been missing your show. I hope to be listening again in the next week or so. It's truly very cool.

    By Blogger chez bez, at 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home